Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Logan's Poem

Logan finally got to be Zebra of the Week, which he has been eagerly awaiting all year. This is a special week that focuses completely on Logan. He gets to show his favorite books, toys, tell stories and his friends make him a special book. On Wednesday we had to write a poem or letter about Logan for his school and send it to be read aloud. Here it is, be easy on me it was late when I wrote it.


 Logan's Poem

Did you ever wonder
What you might see
If you looked through the eyes
Of a father like me

If you could understand
The wonder and fun
If you could know how it felt
To have Logan as a son

First thing about Logan
That you should know
His hearts as big as the moon
Though times it won't show

Because sometimes it won't
He'll say unkind words
He'll kick and he'll punch
Be mean and absurd

Then he'll feel bad
It's his big heart you see
After the mean goes away
He's sorry as can be

His hearts filled with love
For his mother and sister
His friends and his Dad
(That's the Flatt you call Mr.)

Logan's more than his temper
On that you'll agree
When you know what I know
When you see what I see

He likes to play Legos
They're his favorite you know
And he'd build to the sky
If I'd just let him go

Logan's creative and funny
He can often be silly
He gets it from me
I'm both willy and nilly

He likes playing video games
(Like any young boy)
Watches cartoons and colors
Has adventures with toys

Like you he gets angry
but more it's sad thats not showing
Please be patient with him
he's still learning and growing

If theres one thing I know
(and of Logan know a lot)
It's that theres no greater treasure
Than the one that he's got

It's called imagination
Big dreams to fit his large heart
Just like his favorite legos
All of these things are his parts

Put them together
And you'll see what I see
That no matter his fears
He is precious to me


I could travel this world forever
And would not find a one
Who I'm proud of, love and cherish
More than Logan my son

I love you buddy ~ Dad

2 comments:

  1. Daniel that was awesome... I'm so glad my nephew have a big heart...

    ReplyDelete