Monday, December 24, 2012

A Gamers Twas The Night Before Christmas

Twas the Night Before Christmas, and all through the house
Were the sounds of gaming consoles, and the clicking of  mouse

My children were nestled all snug in their bed
Which meant violent video games soon could be played
My wife went to bed early so you know what that means
I sat down with a controller and turned on the TV 

After pwning some noobs in the latest death match
And playing some single player after downloading a patch
As I was slaying a boss had him flashing and red
A thump from the fireplace had me turning my head 

There was ol' Santa dusting off all the soot
and with two kicks of his feet threw off his boots
He leapt over the couch and as I stared in amazement
Produced a custom controller said "Player Two me, let's do this” 

His headshots how accurate, his melee how gory
His skills in drifting with blue sparks the stuff of legend and story
He had a gaming face that was jolly and wholesome
His tongue all stuck out in concentration while focused 

After several sessions he looked at his watch and he plainly announced
It's three hours past Midnight and I have to bounce
He gave me a fist bump and started to leave
Before snapping his fingers "I almost forgot these" 

Out of his bag he produced this year’s best games
From every system and he called them by name
Here's Halo, Walking Dead , Dark Souls and Journey
Now Xenoblade, Guild Wars 2, Darksiders and Mass Effect 3 

Finishing his work he placed a finger aside of his nose
And with a nod of his head up the chimney he rose
In his sled he leapt to his team gave a whistle
And away they all flew like a team-killing missile 

But I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight
Merry Christmas to all have an awesome game night!



No comments:

Post a Comment